Today I want to give a tip to all those who would like to start a blog but do not know how.
To start a blog is not enough just to have the right ideas, many times the eye wants its part and the trim of the platform you use will help you have the mind in order.
First you need to decide on a main theme for your blog. This will help you attract people really interested in the topic and then follow your blog constantly. Although, I must say that I have known blog that despite not having a main theme have also done successfully. The name of your blog is just as important as the chosen theme. You can choose to use your name, your nickname or stage name or use the concept that you want to extend the blog followed by your name, for example: Alessia Simone Crochet, Crochet Atelier ALSI, and so on ..
Afterwards you have to choose your words to be included in the url. I personally I recommend you pay no attention to aesthetics and enter the keywords in the link of what treated instead of your name or the name of the blog. See that enter keywords in the url is a plus for you to know and to scale the google pagerank, you can then migrate or redirect to another url that contains your name. Another advice to you is to extend your .com domain.
It is rumored that this extension will allow greater insight on the web than any other! The only site for the domain registration url that you want to recommend is Godaddy (affiliate link) (currently there are fabulous offers which I have benefited!).
Then you need a space on the web where you can enter all your content, called space ftp or hosting space. There are platforms that allow you to use a domain with the extension required (see wordpress.com or blogger.com or altervista.org) that will allow not only the customization domain (buying it privately), but also a space free ftp. If instead you want your own space within which to insert whatever you want, you have to necessarily buy it. The only two hosting companies that I recommend (and unfortunately I am not using any of those!) is Bluehost (affiliate link) and Hostgator.
Obviously the only platform that I can recommend as the best and most used is WordPress.org that, contrary to wordpress.com, enables you to place your blog in the private space. The blog made with the wordpress platform can be customized in any shape and color thanks to the themes and free plugins that you find inside. Another solution could be buying genesis framework that allows you to use different widgets to mount the home and the various pages as you like. Inside you will find different themes for the plugin, or you can acquitarli outside (you have to pay attention to compatibility issues!). One of the best sites that builds only themes for genesis framework is Pretty Darn Cute Design.
–canva: is an online site where it is possible to create images for any type of function
–picmonkey: canva is another version of the site with the possibility of a premium version
–coffivity: is an app that allows you to have the right focus for noise, the so-called noise working!
– pricing table : if you have a blog with inside a shop of any kind, this is a great plugin to place a price list
– easy recipe: but if your blog is focused on recipes this is a great plugin for graphically organize them all on your site.
– editorial calendar: This plugin allows you to plan the publication of the post in an orderly manner
– wordfence: is a plugin “Must” that allows you to protect yourself from viruses
– shareaholic : With this plugin your users will be able to pubblicizzarvi sharing your post on social.
– Social network auto poster: once planned every post, you just need to activate this plugin that will automatically share the post on your social
– zero spam: unfortunately, once started your blog, will be as many spam comments. With this plugin you will eliminate all of them!
– wp super cache: this plugin let your blog speed faster by working on cache and database.anche
– bulk smush.it: this plugin let you minify your images and let your blog speed faster and faster!